Improv as a Tool for Corporate Team Building
This Auckland based drama company runs improvisation workshops for companies that greatly enhance team dynamics and reduces performance anxiety. An added bonus is the laughter that occurs during these workshops which inevitably brings people closer. This creates stronger bonds and more open communication between work teams. We have worked succcessfully with businesses such as Carat NZ Limited and Xero NZ Limited, who found the workshops invaluable.
- We can cater to a specific criteria or maybe you just want to come along and team build while having fun!
- Many people cite public speaking as their biggest fear; with fear of failure as the over-riding emotion. These Auckland based workshops can help to overcome these nerves so that you can present with more confidence and spontaneity.
- Improv helps with problem solving, learning how to get out of ‘brain freeze’, listening, responding, being present in the moment, negotiating, bonding with your team and de-stressing.
- It is an invaluable tool that frees you up to live life bigger and more confidently!
- We can come to you or book an outside venue and the added bonus is we keep our rates very affordable.
Some recommendations from businesses that did our team building workshops:
“We organised to do an improvisation class as part of our ‘Sales Kick Off’ week where we had all our sales team together in Auckland. When the team found out our afternoon activity, the reception was very mixed, to say the least! Not alot of the team were keen on the idea of an ‘acting class’.
Fast forward to not even 15 minutes into the session and the whole team had thrown any idea of a comfort zone out the door and everyone was putting their all into the improv activities that Sioux threw our way. Seeing our team really muck in, be in the moment and come up with such creative and fun scenes was fantastic! We all left the workshop laughing, smiling and chatting about how much fun we had all had. We would really like to thank Sioux Manning for setting the atmosphere as a judgement free and creative zone while encouraging us all to be in the moment. We all can agree that it was a great session to do as a work team and most of us felt surprised as to how much everyone gave it their all.
We would highly recommend this to any business thinking of doing a team activity as we guarantee that, no matter what your personality is or viewpoint on acting, you will enjoy yourselves and find it super rewarding. Thanks Sioux!”
Ally van Rossem (Partner Sales Coordinator for Xero NZ Limited)
“I very much enjoyed the improvisation workshops, run by Cutting Edge Drama in Auckland , that I attended with my company. They taught us some invaluable skills which we have already greatly benefited from.”
Phillip Hart (Business Director for Carat New Zealand)
Do you want to:
- Stand out from the competition and maximise your personal impact when presenting
- Overcome performance anxiety to become a more confident, credible and powerful public speaker
- Be more dynamic and powerful and transform both your personal and professional life
- Feel more empowered and confident as you learn how to open up your body language and opitimise your voice
“Thanks to personal training sessions in Auckland with Sioux I was able to feel more confident while doing presentations at work. My nerves used to get the better of me and so my talks tended to be to be long winded and boring. I am now able to easily engage people in a more dynamic and enjoyable way. I learnt that how I present is equally as important as the content. This has boosted my confidence and broken down previous barriers that prevented me from putting my point across effectively and memorably.”
Marcus (Business Manager)
“I often found that my point of view was overlooked in meetings. I tended to either be a people pleaser or aggressive when I realised that I was being ignored or talked down. These sessions with Cutting Edge Drama in Auckland, enabled me to learn how to be more assertive and empowered me within my company. I only wish I had done this years ago and saved myself many a frustrating situation where I felt resentful and out of control.”
Julia (Sales Manager)
Sioux Manning is a London trained Director in Theatre and Drama and a Motivational Facilitator for business people. With 25 years experience in theatre and business, she is able to both motivate and empower people; whether it be on a professional or personal level. Her unique style encourages people to excel in public speaking in business, communicate more effectively, reduce nerves and be a dynamic and compelling speaker.