Acting/Drama Skills Classes
- Suitable for all levels of ability including people with no previous experience. Classes are brilliant escapism from life’s stresses and an excellent way to learn acting, auditioning and presentation skills.
- If you struggle with shyness these classes are guaranteed to build your confidence . The class environment is fun and supportive.
- Class content includes script work, improvisation, voice work, scene study, characterisation and much more.
- Each block of classes is new content so students tend to return term after term.
Acting Masterclass: Advanced
The Masterclass works in-depth on acting skills. Learn how to create an authentic character that comes across as genuine and real. This course will give you a ‘toolkit’ of skills to strengthen your acting or public speaking.
- We look at spontaneity, taking risks and finding your own individual strengths
- Learn how to bring a script to life off the page and make strong character choices
- Work on backstories, mannerisms, accents and physicality
- Great for people serious about acting, getting into the industry or wanting to improve their work presentation skills
These classes changed my life. I was training as a teacher and had serious confidence issues which was very stressful for me. Sioux was such a supportive and positive tutor who encourages everyone to be the best version of themselves that they can. The class content was always so fresh and exciting that my Tuesday class became the highlight of my week. My confidence just soared after several terms and I lost my anxiety about being in front of a class. I highly recommend Cutting Edge Drama. (Andrea – Teacher)
I work in a very driven and competitive industry, so I went along to these classes for the total escapism as mentioned on the website. They were not wrong! I found the hour and a half a week that I spent in the class was enough to recharge me for the week ahead at work. The added benefit was that my presentation skills also went up to the next level. (Alex – IT Specialist)
Classes run all year on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the Grey Lynn Community Centre