These professional Auckland Screen Acting classes for adults, focus on the necessary techniques and skills that are vital when auditioning or acting on camera. No matter what level you are at, from absolute beginners and beyond, you will be coached at the level that suits you. We also understand that learning acting can be challenging financially so we keep our fees very affordable.
Each Screen Acting class is made up of different content enabling students to continue with classes for as long as suits them. It’s all about providing students with a comprehensive ‘toolkit’ for Film and TV acting, stage acting, audtioning on screen and public speaking. We aim to get you industry ready so we also bring in guest tutors to provide advice and insight as to what’s expected in the industry, especially in New Zealand.
“I was so impressed with the variety of teachers from various acting backgrounds. It made this course feel so professional. The tutors offered us plenty of techniques to help develop realistic characters. I would thoroughly recommend this course.” Jospehine Rawstorne – ZERO WASTE Business Development
Screen Acting Class, Auckland: Wednesday 7 – 9pm
- Discover how to look your best on camera and find your own individual style that enables you to make a script your own
- Short acting scripts or improvised scenes are filmed and played back for review and improvement
- Students are shown how to tackle a drama script, transform text into action and make strong character choices in their acting
“If you are seeking to improve your screen acting performance, auditioning for ads, films or just to have pure fun, these are the classes for you! I honestly gained so much more confidence, grounding and clarity as to my direction in life regarding the magical art of creativity. The energy of the various tutors, including guest stars, was lovely, making me feel unique and nutured. Our group reflected honest, healthy feedback so everyone enjoyed the wonderful learning and good results that occurred. Combined with learning great skills, I gained useful information about re-connecting into the industry. If you are curious about discovering your inner screen actor, I would recommend you give these courses a go! They do provide the ‘cutting edge’ and really know their stuff.” – Angela Briggs
- Learn how to bring drama scripts to life and create authentic characters
- Practice auditioning skills
- Develop realistic characters by understanding their motivation
- Learn in-depth about characterisation, subtext and backstories
- Take your confidence and skills to the next level for screen acting work
Logan is a writer, director, film-maker and actor working professionally, in both stage and screen, all over NZ. He loves performing and creating and has a passion for film. Graduating from Te Kura Toi Whakaari: New Zealand Drama School in 2017, he has worked with some masterful screen practitioners in the process; including Danny Mulheron, Britta McVeigh and Miranda Harcourt. He’s also trained in Le Jeu and Clown at École Philippe Gaulier in France.
Miryam loves to see people succeed and is a working actor, director and motivator.
She has a Batchelor of Performing Arts from Toi Whakaari in Wellington and studied under Miranda Harcourt. Her exensive qualifications include:
- Voice study at Shakespeare’s Globe In London and Lucid Body Workshop in London
- Royal Academy of Dance, American Accent Study and SGCNZ for the young Shakespeare Company
With her wide experience in both screen and stage work, her dynamic style of tutoring enables people to improve on their skill base and take their screen acting skills to a higher level. Her aim is to teach people to become more confident in the way they approach acting and auditioning.
Ella is an actor, writer and film maker. She has a Bachelor in Performing Arts from Toi Whakaari and has also trained with Miranda Harcourt and Brita McVeigh. She works professionally across both NZ stage and screen and has done a multitude of training workshops with award winning local and international casting agents.