Run in Auckland (Grey Lynn), these exciting and professional screen acting classes focus on the necessary techniques and skills that are vital when auditioning for, or acting on screen in New Zealand and overseas. They are also brilliant for people wishing to improve their presentation and public speaking skills.
Each screen acting block is made up of different content, so students are able to continue with classes for as long as it suits them. The classes cater to all levels of experience, ability and provide students with a comprehensive ‘toolkit’ for Film and TV acting, stage acting,audtioning and public speaking. The teachers also bring in a guest tutors to provide advice and insight as to what’s expected in the industry, especially in New Zealand.
Screen Acting Class Auckland (Grey Lynn): Monday 7 – 9pm
- Discover how to look your best on camera
- Learn exactly what casting agents in Auckland are looking for when you audition and how to provide that
- Short scripts or improvised scenes are filmed and played back for review and improvement
- Students are shown how to tackle a drama script, transform text into action and make strong character choices
Screen Acting Masterclass Advanced: Monday 7 – 8.30pm
- Learn how to bring drama scripts to life and create authentic characters
- Develop realistic characters by understanding their motivation
- Learn in-depth about characterisation, subtext and backstories
- Take your confidence and skills to the next level for screen acting work
Miryam loves to see people succeed and is a working actor, director and motivator.
She has a Batchelor of Performing Arts from Toi Whakaari in Wellington and studied under Miranda Harcourt. Her exensive qualifications include:
- Voice study at Shakespeare’s Globe In London
- Lucid Body Workshop in London
- Royal Academy of Dance
- American Accent Study
- SGCNZ for the young Shakespeare Company
With her wide experience in both screen and stage work, her dynamic style of tutoring enables people to improve on their skill base and take their screen acting skills to a higher level. Her aim is to teach people to become more confident in the way they approach acting and auditioning. Her classes enable people to be more present in the moment and create authentic performances on screen.
Ella is an actor, writer and film maker. She has a Bachelor in Performing Arts from Toi Whakaari and has also trained with Miranda Harcourt and Brita McVeigh. She works professionally across both NZ stage and screen and has done a multitude of training workshops with award winning local and international casting agents.
Aside from her work as an actor, she is also a performance coach having worked on multiple NZ film commission funded films. Her session teaches students to get into their bodies and how this can contribute to character building.
Olivia is an actor, director and multidisciplinary artist working across film, television, live performance and radio. She has a Bachelor of Performing Arts from Toi Whakaari drama school and has also trained with Miranda Harcourt, Brita McVeigh and Joan Scheckel. She draws on both the techniques she learnt from Joan Scheckel in LA and her own personal experience in the screen industry.
Terms of Fees
Fees to be paid in full before the start of term or at first class. A payment plan can be organised if needed
Payment Details: BNZ 02-0272-0042538-000
Account Name: Sioux Manning