Run in Grey Lynn, these exciting and professional courses focus on the necessary techniques and skills that are vital when auditioning for, or acting on screen or stage in New Zealand and overseas. They are also brilliant for people wishing to improve their presentation and public speaking skills.
Each block is made up of different content, so students are able to continue with classes as long as it suits them. The classes cater to all levels of experience and ability and provide students with a comprehensive ‘toolkit’ for Film and TV acting, stage acting and audtioning.
- Discover how to look your best on camera
- Learn exactly what casting agents are looking for when you audition and how to provide that
- Short scripts or improvised scenes are filmed and played back for review and improvement
- Students are shown how to tackle a script, transform text into action and make strong character choices
- Fantastic for both actors and people who do presentations
Wednesday 7 – 8.30pm
- 25 October to 06 December
- Fee: $169.00 for 7 weeks
- Venue: Grey Lynn Community Centre
Miryam loves to see people succeed and is a working actor/director/motivator. She has her Batchelor of Performing Arts from Toi Whakaari in Wellington and working also studying under Miranda Harcourt. Her exensive qualifications include:
- Voice study at Shakespeare’s Globe In London
- Lucid Body Workshop in London
- Royal Academy of Dance
- American Accent Study
- SGCNZ for the young Shakespeare Company
She has wide experience in both screen and stage work and her dynamic style of tutoring enables people to improve on their skill base. Her aim is to make enable people to become more confident in the way they approach acting and auditioning.
I have a passion for communication. As actors, it is our job to communicate emotions and subtext, both subtly and effectively. To do this we first have to be comfortable with who we are if we are going to learn how to successfully portray a character. My screen classes are about becoming comfortable in front of the camera, focusing on the other person in the scene, finding your character and then being able to react within character. We will work with emotion and learning how to feel at ease portraying all ranges of emotion – but most importantly with telling the story.
- ATCL with Distinction – Trinity College London
- ASB Performance – Speech NZ
- Bachelor of Performance and Screen Arts – Majoring in Acting for Theatre and Screen
- Artistic Director of Simple Truth Theatre
Most Recent Credits:
- 2014: Jesus Christ Superstar with ATC
- 2015: Created Simple Truth Theatre in order to devise and direct a comedy/theatre season starring Dave Correos
- 2016:Produced and directed multiple shows with Simple Truth Theatre – Including a North Island Tour of Toa Fraser’s ‘BARE’
- 2017: Playing Charlie Hincho on Shortland Street since Dec 2016 and also producing a new devised a new work with Simple truth theatre (Ruminations – on in June 2017)
Terms of Fees
Fees to be paid in full before the start of term or at first class. A payment plan can be organised if needed
Payment Details: BNZ 02-0272-0042538-000
Account Name: Sioux Manning